INTRACOM DEFENSE is providing metrology and repair services to fulfill the needs of our company and those of external customers, such as the Hellenic Armed Forces, Hellenic and Foreign Industries.
We cover all aspects of service on-site or in our purpose-built state of the art facility.
To support the mentioned activity the company operates within its facilities a sophisticated fully equipped Calibration Laboratory (approx. 800 square meters).
Measurements are performed inside an environmentally controlled EMI/RFI shielded chamber according to ISO 17025 standard lab requirements employing:
- Positive pressure ventilation in order to keep the working area clear of particles of the surrounding air and guarantee air filtering and air flow routing
- ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD) control
- Independent UPS and back-up Generator in order to provide self-sufficient operation
Services covered are such as the following disciplines:
- Upgrade of existing instrumentation
- Consultation Services
Staffed by personnel with extensive training and technical expertise in the field of Metrology, the Calibration Laboratory provides services of superior quality through the use of reference grade and leading edge instrumentation.
Accredited by the Hellenic Accreditation Council (ESYD) to ISO 17025 (Certificate No. 39) as well as to ISO 9001: 2015 by the BVC.
INTRACOM DEFENSE Calibration Laboratory offers services in the following major metrological sectors:
- Electrical (DC, AC, LF, HF)
- Time and Frequency
- RF, Microwave
- Telecommunication instruments (both electrical and optical signal)
- Temperature, Humidity
- Pressure, Vacuum
- Mass, Scale, Force and Torque
The laboratory employs a dedicated professional, experienced, conscientious team and aggressively invests in ongoing staff training and development in order to:
- Keep up to date with industry trends and changes
- Increase performance and innovation
- Improve our organization’s competitiveness
- Allow for succession and progression leading to a more effective team
Moreover, Technical Procedures Library and Technical manuals library are continuously updated and enhanced.
Our continued growth and expansive coverage is a testament to our dedication to excellence in customer service.
The quality of provided services is ensured by:
- Calibration of laboratory reference instruments by accredited laboratories (UKAS, DAKKS) or national metrology institutes (EIM, PTB, NIST, NPL) in order to ensure traceability
- Compliance of technical procedures and measuring methods with the requirements of international standards
- Cooperation with the largest instrument manufacturers for authorized calibration and repair of their instruments (Fluke Authorized Service Partner for Greece)
The Laboratory maintains a database consisting of historical data of all instruments. Records include measurements, planning and instrument recalls.
Performed measurements and subsequent issued calibration reports are traceable to national standards which realize the units of measurement according to the International System of Units (SI).
An indicative capacity of the Lab is approximately 3.000 instruments per year.