Dedication to environmental accountability principles is of primary importance in INTRACOM DEFENSE. This is confirmed by the fact that, since its establishment, it has demonstrated a specific social accountability and has given initiatives in order to contribute in a sustainable development.
For this reason, INTRACOM DEFENSE has developed and established an Environmental Management System, which has been certified to the International Standard ISO 14001:2015, dedicated to environmental principles and the application of protection measurements. Furthermore, the company has developed and established an Energy Management System, which has been certified to the International Standard ISO 50001:2018, to support a culture of energy performance improvement, including energy efficiency, energy use and energy consumption.
Indicative environmental actions are:
- Identification and evaluation of the environmental impacts, where all inflows and outflows are mentioned.
- Liquid Waste Management of the production process and their disposal from authorized companies.
- Solid Waste Management (packing materials, urban waste, electrical and electronic equipment waste, metal scrap, useless batteries, etc.) and their disposal from authorized companies.
- Air emission management through appropriate monitoring and measurements.
- Records of all the above disposals from authorized companies.
- Generation of Green Energy through the PV system installed in the facilities.
- Conservation of Natural resources and reduction of Carbon Footprint (investment in new technologies to reduce energy consumption).