The Laboratory is fully equipped with modern and state-of-the-art testing equipment, and is manned by qualified and experienced scientific personnel. All the expert engineers in charge of the testing procedures undergo continuous technological and scientific training, and are certified according to IPC-A-600 international standards.
The Laboratory has a successful 15-year long track record in the fields of Optical and Dimensional Measurements and Micro-Sectioning Testing, with applications in the areas of electronics products manufacturing and raw materials inspection (e.g. PCBs).
The Laboratory, apart from its main involvement in INTRACOM DEFENSE‘ manufacturing procedures, offers its expert services to third-party companies and individuals, under respective agreements.
Optical and Dimensional Measurements
This testing procedure is performed under pre-approved drawings, plans, films and respective specifications. The specialized equipment used in this procedure are:
- Electronic microscope with 40x magnification, equipped with photographic camera capability
- Magnifying glasses
- X-Y measurement bench connected to a PC, with dimensional measurements capability of high accuracy, resolution and sensitivity
This testing procedure is performed on printed circuit boards where the dimensions (length, width, height) of coats (Cu, Ni, Au, C solder resist) and dielectric materials are measured. The specialized equipment used in this procedure are:
- Hydraulic punch press (for shaping high-quality testing samples)
- Electronic microscope with 1000x magnification, equipped with embedded micrometer and photographic camera capability
- Soldering bath (for solderability tests)
This testing procedure is applied on any surface and helps to identify specific metals / alloys.
- The X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) is a spectroscopic method, while it is wholly non-destructive.
- The device used for this testing is the NITON XL3T Analyzer.